"rollback segment '%s' specified not available"
1) An attempt was made to bring a rollback segment online that is
unavailable during startup; for example, the rollback segment
is in an offline tablespace.
2) An attempt was made to bring a rollback segment online that is
already online. This is because the rollback segment is
specified twice in the ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS parameter in the
initialization parameter file or the rollback segment is already
online by another instance.
3) An attempt was made to drop a rollback segment that is
4) An attempt was made to alter a rollback segment that is
currently online to use unlimited extents.
5) An attempt was made to online a rollback segment that is
corrupted. This is because the rollback is specified in
_corrupted_rollback_segments parameter in initialization
1) Make the rollback segment available; for example, bring an
offline tablespace online.
2) Remove the name from the ROLLBACK_SEGMENTS parameter if the name
is a duplicate or if another instance has already acquired the
3) Bring the rollback segment offline first. This may involve
waiting for the active transactions to finish, or, if the
rollback segment needs recovery, discover which errors are
holding up the rolling back of the transactions and take
4) Same as 3).
5) Remove the name from the _corrupted_rollback_segments parameter.