16814, 0000, "incorrect redo transport setting for AlternateLocation for standby database"
*Cause: The Data Guard broker detected an incorrect redo transport
setting for a standby database AlternateLocation property.
The incorrect setting could be one of the following:
- The AlternateLocation property was empty, but the redo
transport to the standby database had an ALTERNATE setting.
- The AlternateLocation property was not empty and the redo
transport to the standby database had no ALTERNATE setting.
- The AlternateLocation property did not match the ALTERNATE
setting in the redo transport. The mismatch may include
service string, directory specification of the alternate
location, or the DB_UNIQUE_NAME attribute.
- The LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_STATE_n parameter corresponding to the
alternate location was not set to ALTERNATE.
- The flash recovery area was being used by the standby database
for archived logs, but the redo transport to the standby
database still had an ALTERNATE setting for the
Data Guard broker logs provide more details on which of
the above cases caused the error.
*Action: Reenable the primary database to clear the error.